Wednesday, June 17, 2009




Etsy Artist Feature - Vicki Diane

What a wonderful and talented woman! I was so excited to get the opportunity to interview Vicky Diane- it was like my first Barbara Walters story!


This is a very special interview with the the very beautiful, kind, and vibrant Vicki Diane - one of the most generous, selfless persons I have had the pleasure of meeting on Etsy! Please take the time to visit her shop and read her profile - what an interesting life! - You will be happy you did!http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=85923

1.Who are you and where are you from?
I'm Vicki Diane born in London UK and living in Southern Spain now for nearly 12 years

2.What is your craft and how long have you been doing it?
I am self taught and have been designing and making jewellery now for 23 years

3.Where do you get your inspiration?
My inspiration now comes from my beautiful Mediterranean surroundings, the sea and mountains and sunsets and the vibrancy of this fabulous country's pulsating exciting music and colourful fashion

4.What are your favorite materials to use?
I work 90% with copper based metals. I use ANY other medium I take a fancy to such as leather, stones, fabric, feathers, sparkle, chain, watch parts,fairies, butterflies, acrylics, really ANYthing I can lay my hands that will keep still long enough ;)

5.If you could do any other profession, what would it be and why?
I was a professional pianist and blues singer for 20 years and worked all over the world and even made a few records. My father was a film director and sculpted as a hobby and my mum a nurse and brilliant pianist, so all my talents are inherited. I went to drama school a short while and learnt dancing, I played the drums and acted in one of my dad's films... he was in partnership with Douglas Fairbanks Jr for quite a while.

6.What other activities do you like to do?
I used to play tennis for my County many years ago, and still love the sport. I go to the gym 5 times a week if Etsy permits me and music is still an enormous part of my life, whether relaxing or working. I do not like TV... it doesn't stimulate my mind. Animals are a huge part of my life too, although I don't have any myself now as I travel too frequently. My family do and all my friends and I can't imagine life without animals around me even if they're other peoples or strays.

7.What is your favorite flavor ice cream?
Ice cream is not a food I would say is a favourite... I'm an avocado, cheese and mango freak. Will do anything for them... certainly don't have a sweet tooth, just love sweet guys and gals ,))

8.What advice do you have for people thinking of selling their handmade items?
My advice for selling handmade goods is... if you believe you're good at it... don't give up. Persist...improve...promote, advertise...make yourself known however you can, and DO take criticism but stick to what YOU like and know. You will eventually be recognized if the talent is there!


1 comment:

Blog Archive